It can be a daunting experience getting started in the world of digital marketing but there are some basic things that you should do straight away.
- Get a domain name. Make sure that your business name is available and purchase it. There is nothing more frustrating than 6 months down the line when you decide you do have the funds and need a website and the domain is no longer available. This will only cost you a small amount.
- Get your social media accounts set up. Similar to the website. Even if you are not ready to launch on all of them right now secure the usernames. You will need those in the future.
- Choose the right email marketing software. There are so many to choose from and they all have different advantages and disadvantages depending on your niche and your business goals.
- Think about what you can give away to build your email list. The email list is a crucial part of marketing and will help you build that touch point with your customers. However, this can take some time to build and put in place. It could be an e-book, an email course, a discount, special offer or a freebie like we offer here at Social Treats.
- Get the right team in place to help you. No one expects a new business owner to know everything. It is a daunting place and it is important to realise that although you know your market inside and out you have never launched a business before and could do with some guidelines.
If you need any help with digital marketing or social media management please reach out to us at Social Treats and find out how we can help you.